Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Assignment 2 Report

This report is an reflection  on my blogging experience of creating a PLE click on the following links to read in detail.

My Blogging Experience

The subject ICT lead me to a very interesting aspect of computing which is Blogging. I had no previous experience in blogging and was a novel to it. But with every passing day I learnt new tips and tactics.  I learnt a variety of things starting from setting up a blog to adding new widgets and manipulating the blog template. I found a lot of helpful tips on the web, and whenever I was stuck I would google the problem and there was always a soulution for it. I enjoyed the whole experience of setting up a blog.

Limitations of Blogger

My first choice to set up the blog was Blogger, though blogger is a wonderful environment, I found some shortcomings as I progressed with the blog creation. I some times wondered if wordpress would have been an better option for this. Blogger doesn’t allow to trackback comments where as wordpress does and in blogger the home page is the only dynamic page and all the other pages created are considered to be static pages. Static pages don’t allow to add multiple posts  and also doesn’t allow to add jump breaks. These issues donot come up in wordpess.

Useful websites while blogging

I found a lot of useful websites which helped and provided tips about blogging. These websites covered a lot of issues like  how to create labels, label clouds.,How to add html to blogger,How to reference posts and many more. Some of the websites I found very helpful are bloggerBook (blogger book), the original blogger (the originalblogger tips and tricks).

Free Templates and widgets

I came across websites which provide a lot of templates which can be used in blogger (Btemplates). I did add a few widgets in my blog which are the Sudoku, calendar and the weather widgets. but the widgets the websites provide are limitless. I would suggest that it would be worthwhile to visit these websites and explore the myriad options they have (Widgets for free).

My Teaching Experience

My placement was in Ivanhoe Girls Grammar and I enjoyed every minute of it. I found it to be a wonderful learning experience. I taught Information technology to Year 7 students, this was a multimedia based course , and in my blog I have created a list of resources which were veryhelpful to me though out my teaching. You can access this list by clicking on the following link which is a part of my blog.

Conclusion

Though I started off  as a inexperienced blogger, this whole process of creating a blog made me get in touch with the many prospects of the WWW. I think Blogging is the best way to share knowledge and information on the web in different formats such as audio, video text and images, which can be word documents to slideshows.The possibilities of blogging are endless.

 

Bibliography                                                          

blogger book. (n.d.). Retrieved 06 15, 2011, from http://www.blogger-book.com/2007/12/label-list-what-is-it-and-how-to-use.html
Btemplates. (n.d.). Retrieved June 15, 2011, from http://btemplates.com/
the originalblogger tips and tricks. (n.d.). Retrieved 06 15, 2011, from http://www.bloggertipsandtricks.com/2006/05/creating-categories-step-by-step.html
Widgets for free. (n.d.). Retrieved June 15, 2011, from http://widgetsforfree.blogspot.com/



                                                                                                                                     

0 comments:

Post a Comment